California and New York City now require calorie-counts to be printed on fast food menus. Which of the following other things would you most like to see happen to reduce obesity?
- A Fast Food tax
- A Soft Drink tax
- A ban on using food stamps to buy high-fat food
- Scales at restaurant entrances
- A tax credit for liposuction
- None of the above
- 38.86% - A ban on using food stamps to buy high-fat food
- 33.89% - None of the above
- 14.16% - A fast food tax
- 10.04% - A soft drink tax
- 1.70% - Scales at restaurant entrances
- 1.35% - A tax credit for liposuction
"Stop Obesity: Put Poor People On A Diet"
The good result is that one-third of the respondents probably realize that you can't legislate a proper diet. Sin tax is not a way to correct behavior; it is a way of collecting more tax from people who won't refuse to pay it.
How did you answer the question?