Your job description is:
- You are the Commander-in-Chief of all US military forces
- You are the Chief of the Executive Branch of the government
- You are the Head of State
- You are the Head of Foreign Policy
- You are the leader of your political party
- You are responsible for the US Economy
- You are the Legislative leader and can approve or veto all legislation
- 6:30 AM: wake, shower, dress, watch TV news and scan morning newspapers
- 7:30 AM: receive Congressional Record for prior day, receive briefing on schedule
- 7:50 AM: breakfast
- 8:15 AM: arrive at office, call budget director to discuss an issue
- 8:35 AM: Sign documents, read and dictate reply to selected letters from secretary
- 8:55 AM: Meet with four leaders of Congress to discuss strategy for passing a bill
- 9:20 AM: receive award from an conservationist society
- 9:35 AM: call a sick congressman; call the leader of a striking labor union; call the OMB director
- 10 AM: meet with two defeated party members who are looking for a job
- 10:20 AM: meet with US ambassador to Sweden and convey your instructions
- 10:45 AM: present Purple Heart award to families of 5 soldiers killed in action
- 11:15 AM: receive national security department briefing on four crises
- 11:50 AM: lunch, personal time
- 2 PM: sign new legislation
- 2:40 PM: meet with Council of Economic Advisors
- 3:15 PM: meet a White House tour
- 3:25 PM: meet with White House reporters
- 3:45 PM: receive top-secret CIA report on developing crisis, call CIA director to discuss
- 4:15 PM: meet with foreign minister of Asian country
- 4:45 PM: meet with congressman requesting the reopening of a military base in his district
- 5 PM: prepares for a dinner meeting at a DC hotel, review speech
- 6:30 PM: meet, eat and speak at hotel
- 10 PM: exercise for 45 minutes
- 10:45 PM: retire to bedroom with reports to read
- 11:45 PM: go to sleep
- (by Howard D. Mehlinger, Hot Topics Publications Inc.)
You are responsible for the prosecution of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. You are responsible for the strategy being employed by the military. You are responsible for maintaining allied support. You are responsible for funding these wars with money you do not have. You will write letters to each of the families of soldiers killed in action in your wars.
You will make an average of 200 flights each year on Air Force One. Its a great plane with very good service but even you will get tired of flying around the world in Air Force One.
If you were President GW Bush you would be accused of war crimes by both Americans and several other nations. Half of all Americans will think that you stole the election in 2000 and lied about your opponent to win in 2004. Your party will avoid you and your name while campaigning for the 2008 elections.
If you are President Barack Obama you will be accused of not being a native born American. You will be accused of being a secret Muslim who plans to convert the US to Islamic rule. You will be accused of supporting domestic terrorists. You will be accused of trying to nationalize American businesses. You will be accused of replacing our democracy with socialism. You will be accused of selling out to all foreign countries. You will be accused of promoting abortion, alternative lifestyles, same-sex marriage and the eradication of Christian influence and icons in the public sector. You will be accused of racism. You will be likened to a chimpanzee, a gorilla, Hitler, Stalin and Mussolini.
Half the country demands that you deliver on your promises of Change. The other half of the country threatens to impeach you if you deliever on your promises of Change.
Historians will give you an approval rating between 40% and 60%. You have a 10% chance of being remembered as a great president.
You can expect two attempts to assassinate you. You have a 14% chance of being shot by an assassin. You have a 9% chance of being assassinated. You will be surrounded constantly by the Secret Service for the rest of you life.
You will receive a salary of $400,000 per year and a $50,000 expense allowance. Your salary will be less than one-half of 1% of the average salary of the top 20 CEO's in America.
Last week you lead the United Nations to issue a resolution demanding that Iran accept inspections to ensure that it is not developing nuclear weapons or weapon grade nuclear material. This week you must decide how to respond to Iran's test firing of missiles to demonstrate that it will not agree to inspections and nuclear disarmament.
When you take vacation, at least half of Americans will think that you are screwing off and spending too much money!
Do you want to be the President of the United States?