The GOP wants Grayson to apologize to the House and the House to punish Grayson. It's hard to believe that the GOP could be outraged after they spent the summer name-calling in Congress and in townhall meetings across the country and warning that the Democrats would establish a Death Panel.
Does the GOP think that the American people are so stupid that they won't be immediately reminded of all the GOP death talk??? No voter with common sense, Democrat, Republican or Independent, could re-elect this bunch of self-serving obstructionists.
The following are some of the statements made by the GOP in Congress:
- Rep. Joe Wilson (R-S.C.): "You lie!"
- Rep. Ginny Brown-Waite (R-Fla.): "Last week, Democrats released a health care bill which essentially said to America's seniors: drop dead."
- Rep. Paul Broun, MD (R-Ga.): Reviewed the Democrats public health insurance option stated that it is "gonna kill people."
- Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.): Suggested on the House floor that Congress "make sure we bring down the cost of health care for all Americans and that ensures affordable access for all Americans and is pro-life because it will not put seniors in a position of being put to death by their government."
- Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas): "One in five people have to die because they went to socialized medicine...I would hate to think that among five women, one of 'em is gonna die because we go to socialized care."
- Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa): “They're going to save money by rationing care, getting you in a long line. Places like Canada, United Kingdom, and Europe. People die when they're in line."